This is an amazing video, a well articulated, very different view of learning. Here are some snippets:
- Web is a hyper-personalized, hyper-individualized medium for learning content
- We still need schools, since they provide the community that inspires people to participate in learning together
- How can we get the students intelligence involved in learning?
- Inspiring good questions (instead of giving them the answers)
- Inspire each student to become an expert in a small part of the subject and have them share it with others
- Create spaces where people can come together and learn together and inspire one another
- Tests cannot be the center-piece of learning. It can be one of the many (but not the major) method of evaluation
- Create a playful (fun) but serious learning environment (I think this is the greatest challenge)
- Provide facilities for grabbing any information from anywhere
I found the link to this video on Twitter (like many other links I find nowadays). I have to thank @TheTransitioner who posts many valuable resources on collective intelligence.